Re: DFSG vs Pine's legal notices: where exactly is the gotcha?

Andrea Borgia wrote:
> Fine, then ship an unmodified version. Just run configure with the
> appropriate values, pack the resulting binary and we should all be set.

And what are we then supposed to do when there is a security hole in
pine, or a bad interaction with something else in debian that upstream
will not fix? For that matter, an unmodified pine source is unlikely to
even comply with debian policy, so has no business being distributed by
us. No debian developer is liable to do this; debian is about more than
running configure and making a tarball.

--
see shy jo