Re: MP3 decoders' non-freeness

At 08:49 PM 8/5/02 -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 14:49, Joe Drew wrote:
> Has there been any resolution of this issue? Is it safe to close these
> bugs?

It seems there has been no resolution, but this is an issue we cannot
afford to ignore.

Why? Honestly, we won't be the first to get sued - no blood from a turnip,
and all that. If and when Thompson tries to enforce its claims on Free
operating systems, then we worry. But worrying about every little patent
that _may_ cover what we're working on is just too limiting.