Re: #144984

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:37:39PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> The one-sentence quote in the bug report doesn't give me enough
> information to substantiate this assertion, but if you're right, then I
> would say that the software is not DFSG-free.

Here is the complete section of the html documentation concerning
licence (/usr/share/htp/ref/intro.htm):

  <H2>Distribution</H2>

  htp is a public domain utility.  There is absolutely no charge for it's
  use.  No charge can be incurred for the redistribution of this utility
  beyond material costs.  All distributions of htp must include all files
  contained in the archive it was originally packaged in.  Any questions
  regarding distribution should be directed to Jim Nelson at
  <A HREF="mailto:jnelson@crl.com";>jnelson@crl.com</A>.  A full
  distribution
  package can be obtained at the htp home page, listed above.
  <P>
  This on-line reference is considered documention for htp, and is
  therefore
  subject to the same conditions of distribution as the actual utility.
  <P>
  If you actively use htp and find it useful and worthwhile, I would
  appreciate placing a hyperlink on one of your pages pointing to the htp
  home page.

As Steve Langasek said, the first sentence might indicate that the
upstream author just ignored the consequences of putting a constraint
on fees.

-Ralf.