Re: New CUPS license violates DFSG 6?

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> Previously Peter Makholm wrote:
> > I think there are consensus for allowing positive discrimination.
>
> There is? That would be a mighty slippery slope.

This particular kind of positive discrimination is fine--there's
nothing we can do to stop it, importantly.

*ANY* copyright owner has the right to make a special distribution to
special people under more liberal terms.

The DFSG clause in question is about "discrimination against", and all
the examples have always been about licenses that prohibit use in
particular circumstances--essentially (duh) non-freeness.

Thomas