Re: Crypto++ licencing

    Walter> DSS and IDEA are both patented in Europe, so putting it in
    Walter> non-us won't help.  There is also the minor problem that
    Walter> non-us is going the away.

I personally don't believe non-US is going away until the entire world
suports software patents.  Crypto is not the only reason for it's
existence, just the most obvious one.

    Walter>   It is crypto, so you should talk to the release manager
    Walter> about how to handle it.  I only know what he wants done
    Walter> for software currently in non-us.

For the rest, I'll remove IDEA, DSS & LUC from the upstream tarball,
put that in non-us/main for now, package the IDEA code separately and
put it in non-us/non-free

--
Stephen

"Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government!"