Re: analog license; Debian bug 121916

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Joey Hess wrote:

> Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > So this is still around; the current license for analog seems to be
> > non-free, but the upstream maintainer is willing to adapt.  However,
> > it needs to be resolved; the freeze is coming.  If it can't be
> > resolved, then bug 121916 will operate (as it should) to keep analog
> > out of woody, which would be a shame.
>
> Yes, analog freezes with standard and tasks, which will be the next part
> of Debian to freeze, possibly soon (or possibly not). I do hope Stephen
> can come up with a clarification to the license to keep analog in
> debian.

Actually, my understanding was that debian-legal couldn't agree whether it
was free or not, although I agreed to change it so that we could all agree
that it was free.

An actual date would be helpful. I am working on a new version at the
moment, and I was planning to change the licence in that version. But
if you give me a definite deadline, I can make sure to work to that.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01