Re: One unclear point in the Vim license

Scripsit tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)
> Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net> writes:

> > - Someone still has a copy.  Then the person that made the changes
> >   should be able to retrieve it and send the maintainer a copy.

> If I make a change, and then distribute to John Doe, and then destroy
> my copy, and the vim maintainer comes to me, I am obliged to give him
> a copy of my changes.  John Doe may be long since unreachable.

Or John Doe is reachable, but has become your mortal enemy and is more
than eager to get you into legal trouble by withholding access to his
copy.

--
Henning Makholm  "Det er jo svært at vide noget når man ikke ved det, ikke?"