Re: standard fonts and euro

> This string is not trademarked.

The string is not trademarked, but it put limits on what the
users can do when they rely on software using such strings. If we
can't modify helvetica to support the recent 8859-15 encoding, our
users won't be able to use our programs (for example Gnumeric) if they
specify those strings because they will miss important characters.

> I like the BizNet's approach better: if you must change the name,
> change the name, but use appropriate alias files. This does not break
> any configuration.

Yeah, this seems fine to me. But are we allowed to modify the font,
distribute it under another name and then create an alias named
"helvetica" which points to it? Is that permitted ?

Wolfgang