Re: lame

You Wrote:

> this is my first message, i hope it's appropriate. there's talk going
> on on the users mailing list about lame and its absence from the
> package tree. i would like to adopt the lame mp3 encoder as a debian
> package and was wondering if there are any objections? is there
> already a maintainer? can this packet be debianized?

It appears lame is already in libmp3lame_audioenc.so.0 in libavifile in
debian/main. It's just the shared library version, the command-line
executable is not included. I'm not sure if this just snuck by or if there
was a decision made that the patent issues were no longer a problem.

--
Brian Ristuccia
brian@ristuccia.com