re: request was dead horse limping...

In fairness to Sergio, I think his point was that though he might not
want to take Debian to court other bad actors might and could.  Would
this discussion have developed differently had it been IBM's legal
inquiring rather than Sergio?  :)

Can't help be reminded of the problems Slashdot had with someone posting
"circumvention" techniques to the MS Kerberos hack download, as well as
the specs.

I don't have the subscription reply handy but shouldn't be burdensome to
draft something absolving Debian and list maintainers of liability and
explicating list distribution policies.

I agree the issue is exhausted, if it's decided not to add an explicit
policy statement on archiving and distribution of ML posts but...

Boy Scouts of America Motto:  Be Prepared.

> [..]
>
> This sounds distinctly like blackmail.  I advise against continuing in
> this vein.
>
> sam th --- sam@uchicago.edu

and