Re: diablo license

"Marco d'Itri" <md@Linux.IT> writes:

> On Mar 29, "Thomas Bushnell, BSG" <tb@becket.net> wrote:
>
>  >It seems pretty clear to me that it is not DFSG-free.  A DFSG program
>  >needs to be usable on any operating system without discrimination, and
>  >this license says you can use it on Linux without worrying, but if you
>  >merely bundle it with, say, Solaris, then you have some special extra
>  >obligation.
> Would removing or clarifying "or bundled" from the clause make it free?
> I understand the goal of this license is to keep some degree of freeness
> on derived work.

Maybe.  It would be a *lot* less problematic, but I don't know for
sure.

RMS is amazingly good at figuring out these kinds of things.  Doesn't
mean he should be the last word, but when he gets to my mail on the
subject (he has a big backlog), I expect he'll have something useful
to contribute.

Thomas