Re: Some questions

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>:

> But it might also be argued that making exceptions even for software
> patenteers and child pornographers is a slippery slope which we should
> stay away from.

What does "discriminate" mean, anyway? I think usually it means making
an arbitrary or unnecessary distinction. In this case the patent
infringement clause isn't there to punish patenteers; it's there to
protect the software and its other users, and therefore justified, I
think.

A clause against child pornographers is unlikely to be justified in
this way, so I would prefer to separate these two cases.

Edmund