Re: {debian-legal} Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 08:40:30PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > I'm not seeing why you're suggesting things that you don't want.
> I'm looking for compromise positions.  Is that a foreign concept?
> Geez, I hope not.

If you don't want it, how does it make sense as a "compromise"?

> Quote the parts you think I skipped over too hastily, please;

I, uh, did.

> But there is more than licenses at issue here.
> There are also required advertising sentencies, no-warraty
> ascriptions, lists of contributors, "you must tell people that they
> can get the original version of this package at URL foo", etc.

None of those are at issue, as far as I've seen.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt