Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 01:06:00AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Bruce Parens has already given his take on it.
>
> Which was completely uninformed.  He did not read the thread or
> participate in the discussion.  He heard second-hand that someone on
> this mailing list was concerned about the freeness of the GNU FDL.  So
> he fired off a mail to a list he doesn't read and left it at that.

You've missed the point, entirely, again.  *Sigh*.

I said that the precedent of allowing emacs in main is a good
precedent, and that it was not an accident.  Evidence for that is that
Bruce thinks it was perfectly OK.  He was there at the time, you
know.  He doesn't have some final say on anything, but certainly he is
good evidence for what the *precedent* has, in fact, been, and whether
it was accidental or intentional.

> Does it matter?  Again, you demonstrate your obsession with personal
> opinions of mine that are orthogonal to the content of my proposal.

Yes, you're the chief troublemaker.  :)  Of course it matters whether
something is pleasing to you, for the simple reason that we're trying
to reach agreement among many individuals, and you are one of them.