Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 01:06:00AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Bruce Parens has already given his take on it.

Which was completely uninformed.  He did not read the thread or
participate in the discussion.  He heard second-hand that someone on
this mailing list was concerned about the freeness of the GNU FDL.  So
he fired off a mail to a list he doesn't read and left it at that.

> Why do you think it's accident?  Because you were apparently ignorant
> of the facts does not imply that everyone was.

Emacs was already in Debian before I was a developer, or even a user of
Debian.  I was not in a position to participate in discussions of its
inclusion.

Furthermore, I have a great deal more familiarity with licensing issues
now than I did several years ago.

Sorry I'm not enough of an old-timer for you.

> Except, the Emacs manual has *ALWAYS* had the form it does now, or
> nearly so.

The license hasn't.  The GNU FDL is drastically different from the
traditional GNU documentation license.

> Are you happy with it, or not?

Does it matter?  Again, you demonstrate your obsession with personal
opinions of mine that are orthogonal to the content of my proposal.

Please stay on topic.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It's like I have a shotgun in my
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mouth, I've got my finger on the