Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 11:55:24AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > Great!  What I'd like to see is some kind of idea about how exactly
> > these exceptions are to be made, and by whom.
>
> I'm open to suggestions.  Keep in mind that the Debian FTP
> administrators will want to kept in the loop.

But you already know what I'm going to say! :)

How about the developer and the FTP admins make a judgment call.

Now, before you just reject that because it's a judgment call,
remember that we're discussing the fact that a judgment call is
required sometimes, and the question is who should make it and how,
not whether it should be required at all.

Thomas