Re: Adpcm code--is this licence free?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 08:15:39PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> Yes. I have no objection to letting the code in, but I do take exception
> to this line of reasoning. Whether or not HP does it makes no difference
> to us. Even it currently being in Debian is no proof of it being
> acceptable; every so often we come across a license that has been in
> Debian for years, but that isn't DFSG.

Which wasn't quite my reasoning. At least not the one I intended. It was:
they do it _and_ we know they are usually very careful about this kind of
stuff _and_ it fits with our understanding of the wording. I certainly do
not want to set a precedent on 'they do it, we do it'. As for the Debian
packages, I mentioned them to make you aware that if there is a problem,
other code is affected as well.

Hope this clears things up.

Regards,

Daniel.