Re: Adpcm code--is this licence free?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 01:27:58AM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> It was quite obvious to me that they intended the first sense.
> However, I would think that a clarfication would be crucial. Some
> copyright holders have really tried to abuse wording loopholes (/me
> looks at UW).

Alas the code is pretty ancient (1992), and neither the code, nor the
CWI pages offer references on who to contact regarding ADPCM. Anyway,
I've found out the code is not only used by current Debian packages of
xwave and xmp, but according to legal notices also by some commercial
packages. Now I believe HP lawyers letting slip this licence into their
products is a good indication that we can safely include it as well.
Objections?

Regards,

Daniel.