Re: Packaging em8300 Drivers [Was: Re: Packaging reverse engineered software]

> One thing that came up after reflecting your solutions is that I
> have to verify that there were no reverse engineering efforts in
> countries where they are illegal, do I?

I really wouldn't worry about it.  There aren't many countries that
restrict reverse engineering.  The US has the DMCA, but it is really
ulikely that would apply to this.  It doesn't sound like you're
circumventing effective control of the content, unless you've got
DeCSS in that code.  Even then, the case is very debatable.  In any
case, I wouldn't worry about it

Regards,
Walter Landry
landry@physics.utah.edu