Re: PBS License

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 07:16:08PM -0600, John Galt wrote:
> No, it requires releasability under the SAME license. Clause 5
> requires modifications to be released with NO restrictions at all,
> and all licenses necessarily restrict rights, including the OpenPBS
> license. Therefore modifications cannot be released under the OpenPBS
> license.

I agree that the OpenPBS license requires modifications to be public

However, I don't see how this conflicts with DFSG.  DFSG says:

  3. Derived Works

     The license must allow modifications and derived works, and must allow
     them to be distributed under the same terms as the license of the
     original software.

And, public domain works can be distributed under the OpenPBS license.