Re: PBS License

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Raul Miller wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 03:56:10PM -0600, John Galt wrote:
>> The license doesn't say ADDITIONAL restriction, it simply says
>> restrictions.  Adding words that are not there to make it free is not only
>> dishonest, it's stupid.
>DFSG doesn't require that we be able to combine material under
>different licenses.

No, it requires releasability under the SAME license.  Clause 5 requires
modifications to be released with NO restrictions at all, and all licenses
necessarily restrict rights, including the OpenPBS license.  Therefore
modifications cannot be released under the OpenPBS license.

The early worm gets the bird.