Re: Combining proprietary code and GPL for in-house use

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:22:56PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > It sounds like your goal is to subvert the GPL, in which case you are
> > not our friend.
>
> Speak for yourself. Speak for the FSF too, perhaps. But not for me.

I speak for "free software", a broad and amorphous thing, and I'm
fully aware that some people in that movement will disagree with me.
Still, I believe that the strength of (all) the free software licenses
is a very important thing, and it is in the interests of free software
everywhere to see those licenses upheld.  Things that weaken them are
not in "our" interests, and it is in that sense that I speak of why
someone who attempts to subvert them would not be "our" friend.

The "our" is the "our" who are helped by strong and enforceable free
software licenses.