Re: OpenSSL and GPLed programs

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 04:03:33PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> This doesn't make OpenSSL non-free, but it does cause problems for a
> number of packages in the archive which both appear to be under the GPL,
> and which are linked against openssl. These are:
>
>     althea          fetchmail-ssl   isync           lynx-ssl        stone-ssl
>     apache-ssl      freeswan        kdebase-crypto  mailsync        stunnel
>     cadaver         gabber-ssl      kdelibs-crypto  pavuk           tinc
>     courier-ssl     gnustep-base    libpam-heimdal  postal          tunnelv
>     ddt             integrit        libssrp         ssh-nonfree     vtun

Just a quick note - my package althea has been moved back to main and the SSL
has been disabled. There is another package, althea-ssl, in non-US, linked
against SSL. So, if you must remove a package of mine, remove althea-ssl, not
althea. I would prefer, of course, to see some workable solution come out of
this thread.  When the discussion is finished (or should I do this sooner?)
I'll notify upstream of this, since the problem is obviously relevant to them
too. Should I just ask them to add an exception for linking against OpenSSL?

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org