PacWars2 library use

Please CC: me on replies, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Hi,

I am working on a package for PacWars2, available from
http://pw2.sourceforge.net (sources are available through CVS, not directly
downloadable)

It uses a scripting system called "seer", and has the source for this in it's
src/ directory. The only thing I can find for seer that comes close to a
license is this:

	This software is free , but if you use it
	-= PUT MY NAME (and the lib's ) IN THE CREDITS!! =-
	and let me know about your program...
	I'd be happy to see what you've used it for...

Is this enough to distribute it?
I believe it should state that distribution and modification are allowed, or
is that a misconception of mine?
(It depends off course on what meaning "free" has... beer or speech; as the
sources are there it's clearly speech but I still suspect only stating it is
free is too vague)

Regards,

Filip

--
Construction scripts are just Perl scripts, making them [...] easy to
comprehend [...]