Re: gnomerar

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 03:46:15PM +0100, Pedro Guerreiro wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 10:46:41AM +0300, cooly wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I was wondering if you can help me or advise me.
> > Yesterday I recived a mail from rarsoft regarding gnomerar (called
> > gnochive now).
> > They "offered" me the permision to use winrar icons ... and to host
> > gnomerar or gnochive on their webpage (rarsoft page).

I assume you aren't currently using the icons. If you want to use them,
and they are stored as pngs instead of inline code, then there shouldn't
be a problem. I would provide the original icons in case someone was
worried about the issue.

Them hosting the package can have no effect on its free software, unless
you sign an agreement towards that. If you're worried, you might want to
discuss that with them.

What do you mean "offered"? This becomes a whole 'nother matter if they
are making demands or threats. If you aren't using icons from winrar,
they don't have a foot to stand on.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and