Re: Keyspan Firmware fun

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> "mere aggregation" does not include linking.  "mere aggregation"
> implies *just* aggregation, and not combination.  It's what you do
> when you make a CD with a bunch of different programs.

If this is the problem we have a lot other problems. GPL cannot and
does not (in fact it would break DFSG clause 9) say anything about
"combination"'s of this sort. (make a CD with different programs)

I see no problems with maikin GPL programs that moves unfree data from
one place to another. What is done with included firmware if I
understand correctly. It is moved from harddisk to the hardware and
then the hardware is used like any other kind of smart hardware.

--
hash-bang-slash-bin-slash-bash