Re: libcompface's license

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 10:02:17AM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:

>  | *  Permission is given to distribute these sources, as long as the
>  | *  copyright messages are not removed, and no monies are exchanged.
>  | *
>  | *  No responsibility is taken for any errors on inaccuracies inherent
>  | *  either to the comments or the code of this program, but if reported
>  | *  to me, then an attempt will be made to fix them.
>
>  Does the "no monies" part mean "you can't charge money for the act of
>  distributing libcompface"?

Hi,
sorry for the late answer, I'm maintaining libcompface and am responsible
for putting it in the distribution. I pulled the copyright out of the readme
file and did not realise there could be anotherone in the source files.

Have any of you tried to contact the upstream athor James Ashton? Otherwise
I will. I do have a uptodate address to him that I digged up over another
copyrigh issue last year. (That reply of his in the copyrigh file).

--
Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>, http://master.debian.org/~hakan