Re: non-free packages - what exactly are the requirements from vendor?

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 07:14:14PM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 06:36:46PM -1000, Brian Russo wrote:
> > As I understand it; the only real requirements in order for
> > something to be included/distributed in "non-free" is:

> > o Must be able to legally redistribute "as part of the
> >   distribution". Be this on CD's.. ftp's.. rsync.. whatever.

> Misthunk, I know that CD vendors must consult with individual
> licenses in order to determine if they can redistr.

For example, the "no commercial distribution" restrictions tend to
create problems for CD vendors.

IFAIK the restriction is basically "it has to be legal for us to put it
on our FTP site and mirror network".

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/