Re: what about its4 license, now?

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 12:55:19AM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> I would be interested in the results of the license-debate.
>
> long before I posted the ITP on -devel I had posted about the license to
> -legal.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal-0010/msg00018.html

This doesn't satisfy DFSG.  Clause 1(b) prohibits commercial use --
this conflicts with paragraph 6 of the DFSG.

I didn't read any further.

[Yes, I'm aware that in some jurisdictions a clause about use doesn't
apply -- that a person could obtain a legal copy for non-commercial use,
then later on start using it for commercial purposes.  I believe that
clauses such as ITP's 1(b) still conflict with para 6 of DFSG because
I don't know that this mechanism applies in all jurisdictions, and the
clause would still restrict people who intended to use the software for
commercial purposes from the start.]

--
Raul