Re: Design Science License DFSG compatibility

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 06:10:04AM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit David Starner <dvdeug@x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu>
>
> > > Note however, that a "you must change the name of modified versions"
> > > clause is not unproblematic,
>
> > Do what several maintainers have already done - release under a modified
> > name. (See nowebm, for example.)
>
> It's a possible solution from Debian's point of view. But it is not
> likely to be what the author intends to achieve by using such a license.

That's *their* problem.  The "you must change the name of modified
versions" clause is obnoxious and impractical.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   Experience should teach us to be most on
Debian GNU/Linux                |   our guard to protect liberty when the