Re: web2ldap -- cgi and standalone web server that allows browsing and editing LDAP

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 12:30:25AM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> 3. A short-term solution would be to provide my patched version of
> pisces.asn1 on a completely separate download page. web2ldap works
> without it except displaying of X.509 certs/CRLs. The presence of
> pisces.asn1 is automatically detected anyway => you can make a
> Debian package without the ASN.1 module and the few users who really
> need the X.509 stuff can easily download and install pisces.asn1.
> Note: I'm using a patched version of pisces.asn1. NOT the one from
> the Pisces distribution.

	Oh, that's plenty enough for my purposes. If I end up
	packaging web2ldap (that is, if no one else steps up in
	a month or so), I'll just not include that functionality,
	until a free implementation is available.

	Now, the Pisces license wasn't DFSG free; that means I'll
	have to split up the upstream distribution, if the ASN.1
	parser is bundled with web2ldap. Well, that's not so bad..

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | ABORTED effort: