Re: A Pragmatic Approach to OpenSSL/Mutt License Incompatibility [Was: Re: orphaning fetchmail]

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 03:44:21AM -0500, Brian Ristuccia wrote:
> This isn't neccessary. It's possible to create two sockets with
> socketpair(), and fork(). Then close FD's 0 and 1 in the child and clone one
> of the socket FD's onto FD's 0 and 1 before closing it. Then you can exec()
> openssl s_client or stunnel -c and use the socket in the parent just like
> one you would have called connect() on.

Hmm.. there's race conditions with that approach, and the code
isn't really designed in a fashion which lets me see whether they're
dealt with properly.  The documentation I've found isn't particularly
encouraging.  From openssl.pod:

s_client ... "It's intended for testing purposes only".

--
Raul