Re: orphaning fetchmail

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Raul Miller wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 06:44:18PM -0700, John Galt wrote:
> > Then it's up to the authors of the programs needing the extra
> > functionality to conform, not the one providing the functionality...
>
> Ah: there can be only one way to do it.

Well, it seems that OpenSSL's major crime here is that is isn't under the
One True License.  So, yes, by your definition, there is only one way to
do it, and OpenSSL isn't doing it that way.  Would your proposed rewrite
add any functionality or at least do things differently?  Would it even
have more difference than the legal minimum to make it a separate
work?  Would EAY recognize it as a different way to do it?  This just
sounds like an Orwellian redefinition of the BSDL, not a different way to
do things.

--
Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a
damn.