LinuxLand's strange copyright notices

Hi, debian-legal list!

Some months ago, I have bought a Debian distribution from a German
company called LinuxLand. Now I've noticed some strange things about
it:

The six official CDs are labelled as suggested by Debian, however,
there is a strange third line:

    Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r0 >>Potato<<
    Official i386 Binary-1 (20000814)
    (C) 2000 LinuxLand International

What does that mean? Is it illegal to copy these CDs or what?

Another strange thing is the impressum in the manual shipped with the
CDs, saying:

    The content of this work stands under the GNU General Public
    License (see appendix) and is freely available. All other rights
    reseved, also those of photo-mechanic reproduction and storing in
    electronic media.

I do not understand that. To me, this notice seems to be a
contradiction. How can something be under the GPL while copying is
restricted?

The book mentioned is a German translation of the Debian GNU/Linux
Guide by John Goerzen and Ossama Othman, however, the layout differs
completely. It cannot be found online, however the printed version
can be ordered at:

http://www.linuxland.de/katalog/01_linuxdistri_bs/debian/3_debian22buch/framify

Bye,
Thomas