Releasing Free Software

Hello,

I am developing a software package that does some raster image
manipulations.  That part isn't important.  I work for a company
that required me to sign a document that gives them the right
to any IP that I develop while I am employed here.  My boss
is willing to let me distribute the software (I will license it
under the GPL) but I wish to have a written document that he
can sign to protect me from any future problems.

I saw something like this on either the fsf or the GPL site but
I can't find it now.  Does anyone have a form document I could use
in the US (California) to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
Clark Rawlins