Re: New license for UW-IMAP

Branden and I sort of agree <HOLD IT, armageddon's not nigh--I said "sort
of"!>.  He wants to put the NPL/MPL in the category of non-free, I'd
prefer to put the UW license in free.  Either way, the basis is the
same: consistency.  If they have similar clauses, and the clause in
question is the deciding factor between free/non-free, then they should
fall on the same side of the question.  Logistically, I'm thinking
that just following the MPL/NPL precedent might be the easier solution--no
MPL/NPL headhunt in main, and IMAP goes quietly into main, but it's pretty
much a given that I have little say in the final outcome (I have a lot TO
say, but it'll get it's usual precedence :)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

<schnip>

--
Armageddon means never having to say you're sorry.