Re: rus-ispell license

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 10:17:31PM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 03:45:15PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> > > Permission to use, copy, redistribute is granted.  Permission to
> > > redistribute modifications in patch form is granted.  Permission
> > > to redistribute binaries made of modified sources is granted.
> > > All other rights reserved.
> >
> > It violates clause 1 of the DFSG - we need explicit permission to
> > sell it.
>
> No it doesn't.  Permission to use, distribute, and modify are all needed
> (and provided..)  This is free, though the license could use a once-over
> because of what's missing in the translation..  It's not GPL compatible,
> if that matters to you.

What do you mean "what's missing in the translation". The translation
(assuming it was such - it could be the author wrote it in English)
seemed fine.

I'm not going to argue whether we have implied permission to sell it. If
the author is flexible, it would still be nice to have explicit permission
to distribute for money, IMO.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http://dvdeug.dhis.org