Re: FWD: Analog licence violates DFSG

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 03:56:20PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net>
> > On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > > 1.Any action which is illegal under international or local law is
> > > forbidden by this licence. Any such action is the sole
> > > responsibility of the person committing the action.
>
> It is not. Consider this scenario:
>
> A is a citizen of [insert your favorite evil oppresive police state].

I am living in Russia, where the laws are confused, uncertain, where
the limit between legality and illegality is often unclear.

Most probably I am doing here each day many illegal actions without
knowing it, also because my knoledge of the russian language is not
good enought to understand the (obscure) legal language, so 'in
fact' this license restricts its use to me, so it is not free.

Dott.Ing. Giulio Mazzolini

Nevsky Prospect, 13/13 St. Petersburg Russia
tel + fax: +7 812 311 41 75
mob: +7 812 935 00 38

Piazza Irnerio, 2- Milano Italia
tel + fax: +39 02 49 89 202