Re: FWD: Analog licence violates DFSG

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Please let me know what you think.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Dave Cinege <dcinege@psychosis.com> -----
> 1.Any action which is illegal under international or local law is forbidden by
> this licence. Any such action is the sole responsibility of the person
> committing the action.
>
> This provision of the licence blatently violates section 6 of
> the DFSG which states:

First of all I see this as a moot point, as an illigal action is
illegal. By saying that you behave illegal, when you do something illegal
is no discrimination in my eyes but should be seen as only
beeing a reiminder. (But I am not a lawyer at all).

The licence is in my eyes not very well designed, I do not know, but it
may be possible for 19 people to copy less than 1000 lines to a
gpl-program and than copying all these lines together to an gpl-version of
analog.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link