Re: FWD: Analog licence violates DFSG

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 06:14:59PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Don Marti wrote:
>
> > First of all, crime, especially organized crime, is a "Field of
> > Endeavor." Second, some people who are considered criminals in one
> > country are freedom fighters in another country.
>
> I do not think that theese are so valid points.

The DFSG is designed to be an objective standard. This clause in
particular is designed so people don't subjectively chose who
they like and who they don't. A lot of people have put in
clauses in their licenses against the 'evil' people - military,
racists, genetic researchers, criminals, etc. Allowing one clause
and not another weakens the objectivity of the DFSG, and judging
based on subjective instead of objective reasons also weakens the
DFSG.

Anyway, if this is acceptable, then can someone put in a clause about
breaking God's law invalidates the license? I think pretty much
all the arguments in this thread for the clause would also apply to
such a clause.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.dhis.org