Re: FWD: Analog licence violates DFSG

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, David Starner wrote:

> The DFSG is designed to be an objective standard. This clause in
> particular is designed so people don't subjectively chose who
> they like and who they don't.

I also think so about objectivity. But you can overract.

For example, i could get mad and see it as my "field of endeavor" to
release any source code to public domain, even those not from me. Or I
wnat to break any software-licence I cen get.
So the GPL would be non-free, as it discrimated against my Fields of
Endavor.

So, I think there has to be some resonablity.
And Thus I think Ananalog does not violate "No Discrimination Against
Fields of Endeavor".

But I have been convinced that this passus is bad, as it is very nasty to
punish those how brake the law by removing their right to use the
software. (Which keeps beeing true where the software is used to break the
law.)

So I think Analog is non-free, as it violates "No Discrimination Against
Persons or Groups". (As the group of persons breaking law is a group of
persons)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link