Re: wxWindows licence

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 07:25:47AM +0930, Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could someone please confirm that this licence is in fact DFSG free.
> (Or explain why it's not so I can lean on the upstream authors :-)
>
> wxwin is already in main under these terms, but it's been suggested
> that -legal look it over before I upload 2.2.

Suggested by whom? It's clearly DFSG-free - if we wanted to, we could
distribute it under the LGPL. I'm not sure that taking a DFSG-free license
and adding permissions would ever get you a non-DFSG-free license.

If you are refering to the comment in incoming.debian.org/REJECT, the
issue seems to be that you only included the summary in .../doc/wx*/copyright
and put the license in .../doc/wx*/license.txt. less /usr/share/doc/*/copyright
has the actual license in the copyright file whenever it's not LGPL or GPL.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.net.dhis.org