Re: wxWindows licence

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 07:25:47AM +0930, Ron wrote:
> could someone please confirm that this licence is in fact DFSG free.
> (Or explain why it's not so I can lean on the upstream authors :-)

The license itself DFSG free: It's the GPL (which is DFSG free) plus
some extra permissions.  The extra permissions look like they're well
thought out, with respect to how they interact with the GPL -- and you
have the option of tossing them if you don't like them.

Binaries under this license would be DFSG free if the wxWindows Library
License is DFSG free, and if every other license, needed to build the
binaries, was no more restrictive than the GPL.

--
Raul