Re: Possible copyright violation wrt SNNS

On 22-May-00, 18:19 (CDT), "Stephen R. Gore" <sgore@debian.org> wrote:
> I feel that there may be a very real chance that the copyright holder
> might accept the changes into upstream.  But I doubt it could be done
> in time for release.

The problem with this kind of license is the ongoing issue of bug fixes:
the maintainer can't release bug fixes without the upstream author.

I think there is also a body of opinion that the mere act of making a
debian package constitutes "distributing a modified version".

Steve (no, another one)