Re: GNU License and Computer Break Ins

    I agree with you and think this is an honorable things to do when the
    author wishes it.  I cannot agree that disrespecting an author's wishes
    is the way to respect the author's program.

There's a certain level of respect that everyone deserves, but some
people have grandiose ideas of the special respect they deserve.  I
will not cater to those ideas.  When someone asks me to express
respect for him by refusing to cooperate with everyone else, I think
he is going too far.  I appreciate authors, but they (like everyone
else) are not entitled to that exaggerated kind of respect.

Now, if an author asks me to ask people to send him donations, I could
do that and feel good about it.