Re: mixmaster license

Scripsit Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl>
> On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 01:00:04PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:

[you must allow the author the right to use your modifications in
proprietary programs].

> > it does not affect the *practical* side of what you can to with free
> > software (fix bugs, change functionality, share fixes and changes
> > with with friends and customers) that the DFSG is meant to protect.

> I don't think so.  It's postcardware.  It encumbers all these activities,

Please expand. I don't see how it can be a practical encumberment
at all. Not that it does not say that you have to *communicate*
your modifications to the author, only that he wants to be allowed
to use them if he somehow finds out what they are.

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Hør, hvad er det egentlig
                                          der ikke kan blive ved med at gå?"