Re: mixmaster license

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

> > I think this is DFSG-free and can go to main.
>
> I don't.  WHat if Anonymizer Inc. goes out of business?  All of a sudden
> everyone loses the right to modify and distribute the source code.

That's right.

The oother question is: Is it DFSG-free if this part of the license would
be changed to something like "send us the modifications by email; if our
company is without reach you are allowed to do without this" (the wording
needs to be improved)? Especially: Is the

                                                  ... and grant
   Anonymizer Inc. a perpetual, royalty-free license to use and
   distribute the modifications or work in its products.

DFSG-free?

> Perhaps we need to add some notes to the DFSG explaining why clauses like
> the above are unacceptable.

I agree.

cu,
Adrian