Re: potato postgres copyright still contains BSD advertising clause

mwooding@thecity.sfsu.edu (Miguel Wooding SF Ten.Union) writes:

> Didn't I see a message in this list (perhaps from Joseph Carter or
> Adrian Bunk) saying that UCB had revoked this clause?  If so,
> shouldn't our copyright notice reflect that? Is this, then, a bug in
> potato's postgresql package?  And how should this be fixed: Can
> paragraph 3 just be omitted, and can paragraph 4 be renumbered?
> Somehow that seems a bit funny.

If it's copyrighted ONLY by UCB, then you just delete that paragraph,
renumber, and move on.  UCB granted the world explicit permission to
do this.

> It appears that this copyright applies only to the regex code in the
> backend, not to the remainder of the distribution, and that this is
> copyrighted by Henry Spencer.  So did UCB's change affect Henry
> Spencer's modified version of the earlier UCB code?

You might want to check with Henry Spencer to make sure what he thinks
about his code.

Thomas