Re: DFSG Par. 9 and GPL "Virulogical" effekt

On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 06:21:48PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> a problem but is is NOT a combined program - I see it as
> KDE including parts of QT2 and therefor requiring those parts
> of the QT2 to be under the GPL (symbol names, api definition etc).

It's actually more than that.

The process of building KDE involves the evaluation of various preprocessor
macros that copy sections of QT code into the stream fed to the compiler.
The resulting binaries are still derived from both KDE and QT code even if
dynamically linked and thus can only be distributed if you satisfy both
the GPL and the QPL concurrently.

(Note that the GPL and QPL contain incompatible terms that prevent the
concurrent satisfaction of both.)

--
Brian Ristuccia
brian@ristuccia.com