Re: Why Debian's webpages aren't DFGS-free ?

Per Lundberg wrote:

> That's not what I said. They are art. Art doesn't have "source code"
> in the same way as software.
>
>     TW> And programming is kind of art.
>
> Sure. But *software* is not art.

If programming is a means of artistic expression, surely software must
be an art form.

For some time on the LDP mailing list I've put the argument that there
should not be a difference between licenses for documentation and
licenses for software.

I'm yet to be presented with a compelling reason for treating them
differently from a license perspective.

I'm quite concerned about some aspects of the proposed DGPL and intend
to discuss those concerns with rms directly.

I believe it is a mistake to allow concessional restrictions of freedom
to documentation, and other types of non-"software" work, that you would
not allow to software.

The free in "Free" documentation, should mean the same as the free in
"Free" Software.

Terry